Dear Parents and Students!
We present some tips thought up by our teachers to help you organize your learning at home and make it more effective.
- Plan out your week - both for learning and for pleasure. You can make a schedule, where hour after hour you will write down what you have to do - both for school and for yourself.
- Create a "to-do" list - either on paper or on the computer. Check what you have already done and what is left to do. Decide: is it worth going back to the previous topic or is it time to start the next one?
- A worksheet? A test? A project to turn in? Repeat and work systematically to avoid being overwhelmed.
- Prioritize and create deadlines (tasks to be completed, tests, etc.).
- Keep your notes/work and your work-area tidy.
- Use colors - it helps with memorizing and organizing.
- Return to materials from lessons on the same day - just read them. This will give you the chance to complete your notes and think about whether you understand everything. Write down any questions you have to ask the teacher during the next lesson.
- When learning languages, spend 10-15 minutes a day repeating vocabulary, doing an assignment, watching a short film - every day. This small effort will have a huge effect. You can also use flash-cards by repeating words aloud and creating short sentences with them.
- Turn off your favorite game and music as you learn, which distracts you, prolonging your learning time.